Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Libby & SmartHome
Can I listen to Libby audiobooks on my Google Home or Amazon Echo?
Yes, you can stream audiobooks from Libby to your Google Home or Amazon Echo using Bluetooth:
- Pair your mobile device with your Google Home or Amazon Echo:
- Once paired, connect your mobile device to your Google Home or Amazon Echo.
- Play your audiobook in Libby.
Using Libby in the Car
Does Libby work with Android Auto?
Yes! You can listen to audiobook loans via Android Auto.
- Connect to your car.
- Open Libby from Auto's list of media apps.
Note: If you see the Libby notification player, you can start playback from there and skip the rest of these steps.
- Open the menu (in the top-left corner) and tap an audiobook.
- Select Resume to continue listening, or Chapters or Bookmarks to navigate in the book.
When you start listening, you can pause/play, skip back or forward 15 seconds, or change playback speed.
Does Libby work with Apple CarPlay?
Yes! You can listen to audiobook loans via CarPlay.
From the CarPlay home screen, tap Libby, then choose a borrowed audiobook.
From the Now Playing screen, you can pause/play, skip back or forward 15 seconds, or change the playback speed (1x-2x).
Karl E. Mundt Library, Dakota State University, Madison, South Dakota 57042