PURPOSE: Use this guide to find online and print resources in the information/computer systems and information assurance fields. The guide is designed for both on-campus and distance education students and includes online sources accessible through the Mundt Library web site and print materials in the Mundt Library.
Use the tabs at the top of the guide to go to search tools for finding specific types of resources such as journal articles or dissertations.
When developing a literature review, it is important to understand:
1. Ethical use of information - See Ethical Use of Information
2. How information is produced, packaged and communicated within your profession - See Research Communication
3. Where to search for credible sources -- research databases for finding professional literature - See pages for:
4. How to improve search results - See Search Techniques
5. How to get complete articles, books, etc. that are not accessible online- See Get Full Text
6. How to get assistance - Ask a Librarian
Karl E. Mundt Library, Dakota State University, Madison, South Dakota 57042