Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Contents of this page
This page covers:
- Description of Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL)
- Download instructions
- Permanent URLs for direct links to ebooks
Gale Virtual Reference Library
CONTENT. Academic content on a wide range of topics, with recent purchases for Marketing classes and for Cybersecurity. Find books related to Marketing and Business in the "Social Sciences" category and in the "Business" category. Find ebooks on Cybersecurity in the "Technology" category.
HOW TO FIND. Use one of these two methods:
- Go to the "Gale Virtual Reference Library" by selecting it in the "Database Quicklinks" dropdown menu on the library home page.
Search several specialized encyclopedias at a single time with this resource. Provides good overview and background information on topics in business, literature, and much more.
PUBLICATION YEARS. Through present
NUMBER OF E-BOOKS. Hundreds, with a heavy focus on business/marketing and on cybersecurity.
LIMITS ON SIMULTANEOUS USERS OF THE PLATFORM? No limit
LIMITS ON SIMULTANEOUS USERS OF AN E-BOOK? No limit.
READ FULL TEXT IN YOUR WEB BROWSER? Yes.
DOWNLOAD TO DEVICE? No.
CREATE PERMANENT URLS FOR DIRECT LINKS TO E-BOOKS OR E-BOOK PARTS.
- First, get a URL for the item. Click on the "Bookmark" button near the top of the GVRL screen to get a url for the page being displayed.
- Get a URL for an entire ebook by going to the first page of the ebook (table of contents) and clicking on the Bookmark button
- Get a bookmark for a chapter by going to the first page of the chapter and clicking on the Bookmark button.
- Second, examine the URL. In order for off-campus users can access the link, the URL must begin:
If it doesn't, you must add the above URL to the front of the bookmark URL. As an example, a completed URL would look like this:
Karl E. Mundt Library, Dakota State University, Madison, South Dakota 57042