Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Leading Productive Meetings
Feel like you're having too many meetings? Wonder if they're as effective as they could be? In this course, productivity expert Dave Crenshaw demonstrates a simple, usable framework that can help you get the most from your meetings—turning them into productive avenues for communicating, connecting, and accomplishing real work. Dave provides insight into how to effectively schedule, conduct, and follow up on meetings with minimum time and maximum results.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here
- Plan how to use technology successfully in your meetings.
- Determine how to select and support a meeting leader.
- Prepare what you need to make meaningful commitments in a meeting.
- Identify successful ways to initiate a meeting.
- Propose challenging ideas while promoting and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Delegate and coordinate work successfully.
- Follow up consistently to create a workplace culture of accountability.
Time Management Tips
Tips for Time Management
In this course, improve your productivity, get things done, and find more time for what's most important with Time Management Tips Weekly
. This series provides actionable time management advice in just a few short minutes.
Productivity expert Dave Crenshaw provides techniques on a wide variety of topics, designed to help people better manage their time and ultimately become more productive. Tune in to learn about everything from managing emails and calendars to setting priorities, collaborating with coworkers, reducing interruptions, crafting a "productivity mindset," and creating a more comfortable and effective work environment.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
LinkedIn Learning Productivity
Enhance your productivity!
Join author and business coach Dave Crenshaw as he shows you the key to enhancing your productivity—focusing on your most valuable activities and minimizing the distractions that waste your time. This course shows you how to determine where you make the most valuable contributions to your company while minimizing and offloading distractions. Create a plan to mind your time and effort and help coworkers and employees discover their most valuable activities, which can result in an office-wide productivity boost.
- Discovering your most valuable activities
- Focusing by offloading tasks that weigh you down
- Enhancing productivity around the office
- Eliminating distractions
The pace of life is constantly increasing, yet rather than improving our productivity, this increased speed often creates stress and causes us to make mistakes. Author Dave Crenshaw explores a handful of tactics designed to help you regain control of the pace of your work and life, allowing you to slow down and get more done. Dave offers the idea that operating at a more reasonable rate can make us more productive, relaxed, and creative.
- Determine how much of your calendar should be blocked out for breathing room.
- Explain the best way to respond when someone pressures you for a quick decision.
- Recall appropriate questions that can help establish expectations and deadlines.
- Identify the guideline that will help make the most of paused moments.
Karl E. Mundt Library, Dakota State University, Madison, South Dakota 57042