What is "Search (almost) Everything"?
"Search (almost) Everything" is intended to be a "google-like" single search box that searches most of the library's research databases at one time.
Searches will retrieve books, ebooks, journal articles, and more.
- Options on the left side of the results screen will allow you to narrow results to particular types of materials, publication years, etc.
- The options also include the choice of searching just Dakota State University or searching libraries across the U.S. and around the world. [The Mundt Library will borrow books, articles for you from other libraries.]
- To find out which databases are being searched, do a search. At the top of the results window, click on "Advanced search." On the Advanced Search window, click "Add or remove databases" and the list of databases will display
This research tool is still being developed (in "beta" mode), so:
- You may see functional glitches now and again.
- The number of research databases being searched will grow over the next several months.
"Search (almost) Everything" is an implementation of a product by OCLC called "WorldCat Discovery." The software is expected to move from "beta" to "alpha" around December 2014.
Where do I start research?
"Search (almost) Everything"
Find books, e-books, magazine and journal articles, audio, video (beta site - what is this?)
Karl E. Mundt Library, Dakota State University, Madison, South Dakota 57042